Friday, November 23, 2007

FRIDAY AFTER THANKSGIVING

The Friday after thanksgiving

Well here’s the skinny-My physical therapist Dr. Doris (she is a doctor-she practiced in the Philippines before she came to US) has a brother and sister who are also doctors living in the Philippines. They know this world renowned healer priest and they are trying to get me in front of him. So, it looks as though mom and I are going. We won’t no for sure until a few days from now but how great is this. A person going out on a limb for another for another human being-can’t be a greater gift than that!! Hey, it is what it is and WHATEVER IT TAKES!!
I’m just thankful they’re people in my corner(LIKE ALL OF YOU). A year ago I would have said, “no way”. It’s amazing when you’re facing the path of time, how close you become to your higher power. I have a few close friends to thank for that. They got me to go to church and really let go and let God. I’m not a holy roller but I do think I need a miracle here.

My day was great! All my sessions went well. I found this letter on the Project main st. website www.projectmainst.org .
It’s from the founder-Tim. He wrote this to be read at last’s years gala. In the face of a ton of uncertainty his words comforted me I more ways than one:

Tim Sheehy's Speech:
Tim's emotional greeting to the equally emotional crowd, his beautiful and poignant speech, was delivered lovingly by his sister-in-law Megan April l7th 2006.


When the Dr. wrote ALS on the prescription pad and handed it to me, I didn't even know what ALS was. Over the last 2 years I've learned what ALS is. ALS is growing up on Roosevelt Island, playing in the abandoned ruins or playing pickup baseball games all day, and then playing basketball all night at Blackwell Park. ALS is going to a public Junior High School on 96th street, meeting all types of kids from all over the city and learning what Motion Bombing is. ALS is going to Loyola High School and not knowing what a Preppy is or what parish I came from because I was never baptized. Despite this fact, Father Prior took me in and taught me the valuable lesson that it's better to live in the service of others. ALS is going to the University of South Carolina to play soccer, becoming a DJ on WUSC and discovering Hank Williams Sr. Before going down south, I thought the Yankees were just a baseball team in the Bronx. ALS is about coming back from college and finding that the perfect girl for me was right across the street my whole life. ALS is getting my first job at A Current Affair, working 16 hours a day, learning how to write promo copy and finding that the Royals were not just a baseball team in Kansas City, but the tabloid news term for the royal family in England. ALS is starting my own set-building company in Brooklyn with the best partner a guy could have, and working with friends on jobs where we have to work as a team, day in and day out. And doing watershoots with supermodels isn't bad either. ALS is having a daughter who is everything you'd thought she would be. She's funny, strong-willed and compassionate. ALS is family coming together, and in-laws becoming immediate family. ALS is reuniting with old friends, making new friends, and people doing the right thing for other people. ALS is realizing that there are many good people in the world and that it is more rewarding to do for others than it is to always do for yourself. ALS is having hope, showing love, and telling people what you've always wanted to tell them. ALS is about sitting in my La-Z-Boy chair between Netflix movies replaying the adventure movie that was my life.

ALS IS NOT ABOUT GIVING UP AND LISTENING TO YOUR DOCTORS SAY,”GO HOME AND GET YOUR AFFAIRS IN ORDER, THERE’S NOTHING WE CAN DO”. IT’S ABOUT EXACTLY WHAT TIM SAID-IN SHORT-IT’S ABOUT LIVING IN THE DAY-IT’S ABOUT LOVE,LAUGHTER AND TAKING IT ALL IN-IT’S ABOUT LOVED ONES-IT’S MOST IMPORTANTLY ABOUT HOPE BECAUSE IF YOU DO NOT HOPE YOU’LL NEVER FIND WHAT’S BEYOND YOUR HOPE.

HAVE A GREAT DAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments: