Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Thought

Hey,

Hope you're well!
I have been asked by many, "what does it feel like to have my challenge". Physically. I will think about that. And share my answer tomorrow. I want to paint a picture for you. Meanwhile here is something I received via email-and it's so TRUE!
L,
Drew
I will no longer worry about yesterday.It is in the past and the past will never change.Only I can change by choosing to do so. I will no longer worry about tomorrow.Tomorrow will always be there,waiting for me to make the most of it.But I cannot make the most of tomorrow without first making the most of today. I will look in the mirror and I will see a person worthy of my respect and admiration.This capable person looking back at me is someone I enjoy spending time with and someone I would like to get to know better. I will cherish each moment of my life.I value this gift bestowed upon me in this world and I will unselfishly share this gift with others.I will use this gift to enhance the lives of others. I will take a moment to step off the beaten path and to revel in the mysteries I encounter.I will face challenges with courage and determination.I will overcome what barriers there may be which hinder my quest for growth and self-improvement. I will take life one day at a time,one step at a time.Discouragement will not be allowed to taint my positive self-image,my desire to succeed or my capacity to love. I walk with renewed faith in human kindness.Regardless of what has gone before,I believe there is hope for a brighter and better future. I will open my mind and my heart.I will welcome new experiences.I will meet new people.I will not expect perfection from myself nor anyone else:perfection does not exist in an imperfect world.But I will applaud the attempt to overcome human foibles. I am responsible for my own happiness and I will do things that make me happy. . .admire the beautiful wonders of nature,listen to my favorite music,pleasure can be found in the most simple of gestures. I will learn something new;I will try something different;I will savor all the various flavors life has to offer.I will change what I can and the rest I will let go.I will strive to become the best me I can possibly be. ..... and every day.

by Penny White, copyright 1990

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Drew, we probably haven't spoken since Babe Ruth League baseball back in the days, but I want you to know that I am rooting for you, and my family and I will keep you in our prayers. Our family is very familiar with ALS, and I have been on the Board of Directors for the CT Chapter of the ALS Association since my wife's Uncle was diagnosed with the disease 3 years ago. If I can help with anything in that capacity, please let me know. God bless. - Jerry Pia, Jr. (and family).