Friday, August 3, 2007

Thought and response

I am posting this in response to people that think accepting this challenge is simply giving up! There is a huge difference in accepting my challenge and living, then simply rolling over and dying. The odds are not in my favor at all but I like it that way-it keeps me on my toes! I recently wrote an email to someone that read:

Thu, 2 Aug 2007 08:00:55 -0700 (PDT)
"i am hanging in-positive I am going to beat this! and beat it good"!!!!

let me know,
l,
drew


It's hoping that keeps me going and the words of support I receive on a daily basis.



"Living with ALS

Meeting the Challenge
Acceptance of ALS does not mean giving up. It should be the first step in making the most of your life with ALS. There is much that can be done to help you live a productive and enjoyable life. Be positive but do not trivialize the situation. It isn't helpful to pretend that everything will be fine or that ALS is not a very serious condition. On the other hand, there is no need to dwell on the negative aspects of the disease. Five percent of people with ALS live more than five years and nearly 2% live ten years or more. You could be one of those people. And thankfully, neurological research is moving steadily ahead, and now a breakthrough has occurred ---OECs- translation which makes a lot of miracles. These facts give hope and hope is a crucial part of life. Achieving a balance between hope and realism is difficult at times, but something we all must learn to do".

Take care,
L,
Drew
"The fearful are the failing"

No comments: