Wednesday, July 25, 2007

weekend in philly

Father Bob and I in front of the liberty bell
John and I-he was assigned to me in France-a wonderful human!
me in twenty years-on my blackberry!
This is Mr. Moran-a great friend of mine from Lourdes

From left to right :Devon, Sydney and Molly-they are fellow Malades(sick like me)
The Group at the reunion

Hey,



I was in Philadelphia this weekend for a reunion with some of the people that I did my "spiritual pilgrimage to Lourdes, France in may". For those of you that do not know. The order of malt does a pilgrimage every year for the sick and terminally ill. They call us "malades"-which means sick in french. My great friend P Shalala's father Phil Sr. sponsored my mom and I. Let's just say when I found out I was mad as heck at the man upstairs for giving me my "challenge". But I went. And all you do for 8 days is pray and go to mass and say the rosary every night and so on. And they have these baths that you can go into to cleanse your body of all sins(which lord knows I needed) and to cleanse yourself of disease. I went 3 times. They get you to strip down to your underwear and then they lead you in prayer to the bath and you get dunked. Most amazing experience of my life.



Anyway-we had a reunion and here are some pics. Thought I would share!

L,
Drew
There are no classes in life for beginners: right away you are always asked to deal with what is most difficult.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Drew.....it looks as though you had a terrific weekend in Philly and have made some great friends during your Lourdes Pligimage. We are praying for All of you.

Anonymous said...

drew---
you are learning so many important things...things we all need to learn and relearn... the most important thing is the spirit... it is sooooo easily forgotten....
thank you
liners