Monday, January 28, 2008

I WANTED TO SHARE THIS W/ YOU-A FRIEND LEFT A COMMENT ON MY BLOG

YOU CAN ACCESS THE WHOLE COMMENT BY GOING TO THE "TIDBIT" POST AND AT THE BOTTOM, CLICK ON COMMENTS.

THE COMMENT MOVED ME. SEE, I CARE TOO MUCH WHAT PEOPLE WILL THINK WHEN THEY SEE ME-I USED TO NOT CARE WHAT PEOPLE THOUGHT ABOUT ME BECAUSE I WAS NORMAL-PHYSICALLY. NOW I AM NOT. I'M REDUCED TO THE SLOW AND UNBALANCED GUY THAT NEEDS HELP. AND I'M NOT OKAY WITH THAT, I GUESS I HAVE TO GET OFF MY HIGH HORSE AND ACCEPT HELP WHEN AND IF I NEED IT.
I'M TRYING-LORD KNOWS I AM- BUT IT AIN'T EASY!!

COMMENT:

Drew
-I don't know you, but came across your blog since I'm a Martin Sexton fan and saw info on the benefit concert. I just thought I'd let you know that my dad LIVED with ALS for 30 years. We went camping, fishing, and boating even after he needed others to help him do it. We had someone remind us that there was no reason we couldn't go out and do much of what we loved to do and then helped us get started. It did take more effort and planning, but we were able to still do so much of what was important to us. I can understand your concern about a loss of independence. The limitations for one, and relying on others for another. In case you're wondering about how someone providing the care felt, it was a lot of work, but we all learned about ourselves and while some things were taken away new gifts were given to us. His body was reduced over time, but it made it easier to see his spirit.


LIVE-LOVE AND BE ABLE TO LAUGH AT YOURSELF

No comments: