Friday, December 7, 2007

THIS IS WHY I WRITE MY BLOG

TO EDUCATE-TO INSPIRE-TO FEEL-
I FIGHT HARDER BECAUSE OF THESE EMAILS-I HAVE RECEIVED EMAILS FROM EVERY CONTINENT-WE ARE ALL CONNECTED BY THIS CHALLENGE.


THIS CAME TO MY INBOX LAST NIGHT FROM A TOUGH HOCKEY PLAYER FROM MICHIGAN. JUST A GUY AND HIS FAMILY GOING THROUGH WHAT I'M GOING THROUGH-EXPERIENCING ALL THE HIGHS AND LOWS BUT KEEPING HIS HEAD HELD HIGH-AND MOST IMPORTANTLY- KEEPING IT ALL TOGETHER AND FIGHTING IN THE BOLD FACE OF ADVERSITY:

Hey Drew. Just wanted to thank you for doing your blog. Came across it when I was looking into stem cells. We have a lot of similarities. I'm 34, married w/ kids, a hockey player, have done stem cell treatment, and most importantly am going to beat this disease just like you are. I find myself addicted to your blog and check it daily. I feel even more motivated to fight each time I read your stuff. I also love your rants. There right on. The comments on assisted walker or cane are my thoughts as well. It may help physically, but would be too damaging mentally. I'd rather move at a snail's pace than give in to a wheelchair. Keep up the positive attitude and I'm sure you'll move this mountain. This disease might be able to take away your physical abilities and much more but don't let it take your spirit, which is most important. Holding on to that is a daily, sometimes hourly battle as we both know, and it sounds to me like this disease picked the wrong person to mess with. Thanks again for your blog. Dave (Grand Rapids, MI)

I WANT A FAMILY!

No comments: